WorldPay
Plimus
WSO Pro
Paypal Digital Goods
RevenueWire
SWReg

Can DLG protect Wordpress
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DLGuard Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrock3

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Can DLG protect Wordpress Reply with quote

I am creating a membership site and half way through I found myself contemplating creating it in Wordpress. Since all my products are in DLG can I just add the php script to the top of wordpress to protect the login access?

Thanks for your help

Gregg
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Gregg,

Yes, that's right - all you need to do is put the DLGuard membership code in the header of your WP template.

cheers
Sam
-------
Keep up to date with DLGuard and other GuardHQ products: www.guardhq.com/newsletter.php
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
espradley

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

You can also create a page template for this as well if you want to protect only certain pages.

Then when you create a page, you select it as a template.

Helpful if you want limited access.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's brilliant! I didn't know you could do that in Wordpress - nicely done Eddie!

cheers
Sam
-------
Keep up to date with DLGuard and other GuardHQ products: www.guardhq.com/newsletter.php
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
macsolvers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Can DLG protect Wordpress Reply with quote

zrock3 wrote:
I am creating a membership site and half way through I found myself contemplating creating it in Wordpress. Since all my products are in DLG can I just add the php script to the top of wordpress to protect the login access?

Thanks for your help

Gregg

I have a related request. I've developed a WordPress site where the objective is to provide paying members with access to an ever-expanding library of radio podcasts. I'm not selling one product, per se. Members who pay the subscription fee would be authorized to download as many or as few of my archived shows as they want during the term of their subscription. I just installed DLGuard on my server and am just getting started with the setup process. I'm thinking of offering three types of subscription levels: Silver (1 month term), Gold (6 months), and Platinum (12 months). PayPal is my preferred payment processor. I'd appreciate any tips you may have about setting this up in an optimal manner in dlg.
macsolvers

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I currently have the podcasts organized sequentially by month that appear on separate web pages in WordPress that I've linked to a main page. All of these pages are in draft form and are not publicly visible. I'm guessing I could set up each web page as a single product in DLG. I'm wondering, though, whether that's the best way to go about doing so. I want to encrypt the podcast downloads so unscrupulous subscribers can't rip them off and post them on other sites.
espradley

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

This is easily done by placing your DLGuard code at the top of your header for your wordpress template.

As far as the different monlthy pages, the easiest way is to make each monthy page and send an email out to the new location using an email marketing system such as www.dlgadvance.com or Aweber.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Judith

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK time to wrap my head around this one.

I'm creating a site using Wordpress. Part of it I want open to the public and the other part I want for Members only.

In order to become a member they will have to pay $10 per year.

Now is this thinking correct:

Open to the public is WordPress in root Directory.
DLG is also in root Directory
A Member Sub-Directory is also there with another WordPress installation.

Now the Wordpress in the root directory would have Member (sales) page and this is where I would put the membership Link to buy.

When they buy, DLG will do it's thing and protect my Member Sub-Directory.

So where do I put the PHP code to protect this Member Sub-Directory in WordPress?

I had to put this on every html page in my other membership sites. I'm lost as to where to put it in Wordpress.

Does this code go into Main Index Template at the top? or must DLG code be in all the .php files in the Appearance, Editor part of wp-admin?

Judith
http://www.agoodread.com
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Judith,

Since you've got two installations (one for sales page, one for members area) this makes thing much simpler.

In your Wordpress Admin area in Wordpress, there is a section there to edit templates.

Depending on which theme you're using, you want to go to the editor and select the page that is normally called "header.php"

This will display the page code, and all you need to do is paste the DLGuard member code at the very top of that page.

Save it, and all done! Now all the pages will be protected.

Does that make sense?

cheers
Sam
-------
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
Judith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's EZ enough! Thanks Sam.

Makes sense it would be in the Header.php because that shows on every part of wordpress.

Judith
Galvatron

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, can anyone please help me out. I really don't get this. Confused So off the bat, I'm sorry to sound stupid.
OK with that cleared, I want to make a paid membership site $5.00 per month in wordpress, but in the site there is "NOTHING" to download.
It's a training site with step by step videos no downloads. If I offer the feature of downloading the videos many will just download the whole thing in 24 hours or so and end the membership. This is the reason why you can watch them as many times as you like as long as you are a paid member.
Also is there a way I can give unique user name and password to all unique members?
Is DLGuard the right tool for the job?

Thanks in advance. Sad
Judith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Galvatron

You would still use DLG to protect your member area. But instead of having all your videos open to the members, you would not have any of your pages linked together (in the case of Wordpress...not show in your navigation bar).

Now notice I said pages not posts Smile

Then if you have an autoresponder, you would schedule emails to go out to your members each week, bi-monthly, monthly (whatever you decide) with a link to that specific member page that has the videos you want them to see.

In other words, you dribble out the videos to your customers so they keep paying each month.

In DLG, the person's email (username) and their receipt number (password) are unique. Why would you want to make more work for yourself?

Judith
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Galvatron,

If you don't want to make the videos available one by one - ie. if you just want to give members access to watch ALL of the videos in one go, then thats even easier - you just use DLGuard to protect the whole Wordpress blog.

As Judith said, all of the customers do get their own unique login details.

cheers
Sam
-------
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
Galvatron

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow thanks Judith and Sam. I really do appreciate your help and a quick response.
Judith your idea is great, I didn't know I could do that with this software. Granted I will take more time to do like Sam said, but this "should" keep the membership for a longer time. As they will be looking forward to the next video.
The point about unique login details is fantastic this is what I wanted to clarify as this is a must.
OK now I just need to think how I can put all this together a step-by-step video guide would be excellent. Is there one for DLGuard? If so can someone point me in the right direction as long as it's not too much Smile
If there isn't then I think we just found a profitable niche Wink

best regards.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Galvatron,

I haven't created videos yet myself, however if you have a look in this forum in both:

- Members Tips and Tricks
- Members Products

...then you'll find tips and some videos for creating membership areas.

Naturally there is also help in DLGuard's Help menu > Memberships.

You'll also find a tonne of threads in this part of the forum about creating memberships too.

I hope this helps Smile

cheers
Sam
-------
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DLGuard Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: