MultiSafePay
WorldPay
Plimus
WSO Pro
Paypal Digital Goods
RevenueWire
SWReg

free item not sending email

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DLGuard Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
renec

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:23 pm    Post subject: free item not sending email Reply with quote

I'm running into a tricky problem that probably has an easy solution.

I've set up a free item http://echocollectivefx.com/wordpress/180 and followed all of the aweber and dlguard instructions.

Here's what I did:
uploaded a file to my website's ftp location

created a new dlguard product

named the product and input url

defined the type as "free product"

added my aweber campaign address to the proper field. this is formatted as [awebercampaign]@aweber.com

double check under customise email that the product is sending the default email. (yep, radio button for default email is clicked)

enabled the dlguard parser in the aweber campaign.

grabbed the code from the dlguard item and used it to create the signing form and submit button on the webpage I linked above.

at this point everything works except the download email. when I fill out the form and click "submit" I do get sent to the download page with the proper html and a working download link, so that all seems fine.

the problem is that neither my sign in email nor the aweber account receive an email from dlguard.

I'm sure I'm missing something, but I can't really put my finger on what that thing would be. any help?
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Renec,

No worries, are you using a redirect URL so that your customers are redirected to a different page instead of the download page instantly?

If so, it sounds like you might be experiencing a bug which can stop auto signups when redirects are used with free products.

If you think this sounds like it might be the case, let me know and I can send a patch over to fix it.

Or if you're not using a redirect URL, let me know about that too, and we'll sort it out!

If you can send me the reply as a ticket:
http://dlguard.com/dlginfo/contact.php

...I'll then have your email address so I can email you the patch if needed.

cheers
Sam
-------
Keep up to date with DLGuard and other GuardHQ products: www.guardhq.com/newsletter.php
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DLGuard Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: