WorldPay
Plimus
WSO Pro
Paypal Digital Goods
RevenueWire
SWReg

OTO Procedure With DLG
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DLGuard Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vastassets

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:24 am    Post subject: OTO Procedure With DLG Reply with quote

Hello,

I looked around to see if this topic was already addressed. Didn't see anything. Hope I didn't miss it. Anyway, here goes.

I want to set up a product sales page and attach a one-time-offer (OTO) to that page. As I understand it, when the customer clicks on the "buy now" button, instead of going to the check out page, he/she arrives at the OTO page.
Now, here's what I don't yet get: How do I set up the DLG to handle both instances - the original sale and then, the OTO sale?

I hope I've explained myself well enough. If not let me know.

Thanks.

Luke
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Luke,

No worries, once you've set up your Buy Now link to point to your OTO page, you simply paste two sales links onto it:

The OTO sales link, and the No Thanks link, which will allow them to buy the standard product.

So you'll need to add two products to DLGuard - your OTO one, and the standard one.

When you set up the OTO one, put the product number of your standard product into the OTO's "Bonus/Multiple Items" box.

This way, if someone buys your OTO then they get the OTO product and the standard product too, on the same download page.

Does that make sense?

cheers
Sam
-------
Keep up to date with DLGuard and other GuardHQ products: www.guardhq.com/newsletter.php
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
vastassets

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: I Think I Have It Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply.

I think I understood the procedure you wrote for me.

I'll know later this evening when I try it out.

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries Luke, let me know how it goes!

cheers
Sam
-------
Keep up to date with DLGuard and other GuardHQ products: www.guardhq.com/newsletter.php
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
winemakingguy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there anyway to do this so that the client doesn't have to re-enter their payment information if they decide to do the OTO?

Thanks,

Scott
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Scott,

Not really - those kinds of upsells are limited by what the payment processor can handle, and so only certain payment processors can do this, as it involves keeping the customer's payment information until after the sale is made.

cheers
Sam
-------
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
nextdaycopy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and there are very strict laws in the US about keeping people's payment information -- it has to be encrypted, etc.

I know at least 2 people who sell software to help them set up the systems to audit the security -- the fines for violating the laws are quite high, I hear.

Live JoyFully!

Judy
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard the same thing, Judy! HUGE fines for not properly securing people's payment data.

That's why I love the idea of online payment systems where you don't need to store customer sales info.

I remember YEARS ago, I think it was around 1997, I was contracted to look into setting up a payment system for a business here in Aus.

Wow, that was painful stuff, back then! We've got it REALLY easy these days!

cheers
Sam
-------
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
photoman222

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:41 am    Post subject: Will this approach work under the following set up? Reply with quote

Great instructions, Sam! I'm going to use them straightaway on a few my products. The question I have is based on a slightly different set up...

I am selling 5 unique products (A, B, C, D, and E) as well as a 6th product that is a collection of A - E. The products A through E, each contains 4 zip files.

I set up my "Collection Product" as one document, and each of A through E as Bonus product downloads (each one containing "one master zip file" that includes the 4 zip files for that product.)

If I haven't lost you yet, what I want to do is set up different OTOs for products A through E only. What I don't want to have happen is when someone purchases the Collection, they are presented with 5 OTO's or the system has a cardiac arrest from not knowing what to do.

How would I set up OTO's without messing up my current setup for the Collection product?

Robert

To create WOW photographs rather than snapshots, visit [url]www.best-family-photography-tips.com[/url]
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

No worries, so Product 6 is a collect of A to E.

And when someone buys Product 6, you want to offer them an upsell afterwards, which would be product 7.

Is that right?

We can do OTO's with a bit of programming so that after someone buys, you can present them with a new offer.

Or a really easy way to do it, without any programming, is just to put the offer code into the "Extra Text" box. Any text in there will dissapear after the download timer expires, giving them a "timed" offer.

What do you think?

cheers
Sam
-------
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
photoman222

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam,

Close, but no cigar. You are completely corrected that product #6 is a collection of A to E. The collection (product #6) is the only product I DO NOT want an OTO for.

I was supplying the high-level view to let you know how I structured setting up the products. Let's say that a customer buys only product #A. They will be downloading one zipped file that contains 4 zip files within it.

Each of products A through E, are set up as unique products in DL Guard. When purchased, the buyer downloads one zip file (that contains 4 component zip files within it). Let's call this 1 master zip file "Complete zip file-Product A."

So when I set up product #6-the Collection, I set it up to download one instructional guide (a one-page document) and for all of the related bonuses (a.k.a. products A through E)-I used the product numbers which correspond to A through E: "Complete zip file-Product A," "Complete zip file-Product B," etc. through "Complete zip file-Product E."

What I'm trying to figure out is:

1. If a buyer purchases products A, or A and B; how can OTO's be set up to handle this?

If I have set up OTO's for Each of the Products A through E, as long as only one product is purchased, it seems that your suggestion will work. what I can't figure out is what happens if they purchased 2 products?

2. I don't want a buyer to be deluged with OTO's, so if they purchased 3 products (A, B, and C), I only want them to receive one OTO-from just one of the 3 products.

I understand how one OTO can be offered, IF THEY ONLY BUY ONE PRODUCT. My understanding ends at that point, and if they order more than one product, I don't know how to limit the number of OTO's to only one.

If anyone has set this situation up, I would love to hear how you did it. Thanks for your help in this.

Robert

To create WOW photographs rather than snapshots, visit [url]www.best-family-photography-tips.com[/url]
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

Oh okay, I see.

This can be done, but it'll require some programming.

Bascially what'll have to happen:

Intercept Cart sales before they reach the download page.

Check the receipt, read the DLGuard database to see which products they've purchased, and then put up a random OTO for one of the others that they haven't yet bought.

It can definately be done, but it'll just need some programming.

cheers
Sam
-------
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
photoman222

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam, you brought up a direction which actually I had not thought of, so I will need to give it some thought. I don't mean the programming. Regardless of the approach, I'm sure programming will be needed.

What I was originally thinking was that if my customer buys product A and B, I would like to offer the one-time offer that is related to when they only bye Product A, OR WHEN THEY ONLY BUY Product B.

Rather than using letters this time, I think it makes more sense to use practical examples. For example, I have 2 BABY E-BOOK products. 1 is Baby Poses (Part of This 7 Page Mini-Sale Site on pose), while the other is an Baby E-Book Product That Has Nothing to Do with Poses.

Originally I Was Thinking That Each Book Would Be a Natural OTO for the Other Product.

Product B in this case would be e-books on Group Photography. I have one e-book on Group Poses and another book that deals with other photography issues ("The No Sweat Approach to Great Group Photos"). Again, when selling either of these 2 "partner related" products, the corresponding partner e-book would be a natural OTO.

The Baby E-Book and No Sweat Approach to Great Group Photos are each sold individually and not through a shopping cart (although, if it makes sense, there'd be no reason to NOT also include it in the shopping cart).

The complications arise because ALL OF THE E-BOOKS ON POSES are sold in such a way that they are closely related to each other and are sold through a shopping cart. Hopefully that made a little bit of sense.

Thus, I would like to find out what's involved when one or more of the POSING E-BOOKS are purchased, as far as offering an OTO, but that OTO would be EITHER the normal partner to the posing e-book or the posing group e-book.

The impression I got from your suggestion was that the OTO would be one of the OTHER POSING E-BOOKS, WHICH THE VISITOR DID NOT BUY. Was that your idea? Since that never occurred to me, I will have to think about it because it definitely has potential merit.

But back to the programming issue ...

If you have a basic concept of what I'm talking about (big if), I am not looking for a quote. I'm just looking to get a gross idea of magnitude for programming efforts.

In other words, is a more or less likely that the programming efforts would run under $250; or more likely to run over $2,000? For now, I'm just trying to get a concept of whether it makes financial sense to even go further on the idea of custom programming.

Thanks. Take all the time you wanting getting back to me, as long as it is sometime in the next 10 minutes.

Robert

PS-okay-10 minutes and 50 hours, how's that?

Robert

admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert,

The offers could be anything - you could certainly specify which products to offer as an OTO, depending on the cart content.

You'd probably have to work out a flow chart for it.

So if someone buys Baby Photos only, you offer Baby Poses as an OTO.

If they buy Baby Photos and Baby Poses, you can offer Group Poses as an OTO.

As long as you can write the logic down, I can program it Smile

Cost wise, because of the logic involved (not just a simple OTO), it'd probably be between $200 and $400, but that really depends on how complex the OTO system is.

The more complex, the longer it takes to write and the longer it takes to test, and therefore the more it costs.

Is that financially viable?

cheers
Sam
-------
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
photoman222

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam,

Because of the number of tickets and forum posts we've been dealing with, I forgot that this was a forum post. Therefore, as far as discussing financial implications, when I get to that point, I will fill out a new support ticket and we can go from there.

Sound okay?

Thanks.

Robert

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DLGuard Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: