JVZoo
MultiSafePay
WorldPay
Plimus
WSO Pro
Paypal Digital Goods
RevenueWire
SWReg

Membership site - how to add more products?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DLGuard Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tremdon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Membership site - how to add more products? Reply with quote

Hi All,

I'm trying to build a monthly subscription site and one thing I want to do is to add new products each month - hopefully this will increase membership retention.

Does anyone have any tips or experience with how to do this, (other than manually) with DLG?

I realise I could buy another membership script, but since I already have DLG I'd like to use it, and also I'm not sure if, with someone else's script, my DLG links would integrate, so then I'd have the opposite problem!

Many thanks,
Trevor.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trevor,

Kidino has posted some code that'll allow you to do drip fed page:

http://dlguard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2591

You could simply put different links on different pages.

It's not a hard project (DLGuard makes signup dates available to you as a PHP variable in the members area), but you do need some programming knowledge to do it.

cheers
Sam
-------
Keep up to date with DLGuard and other GuardHQ products: www.guardhq.com/newsletter.php
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
Tremdon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:36 pm    Post subject: Another idea for drip fed membership content? Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

Thanks for pointing me to Kidino's work. I might try it out if I'm feeling brave ... that amount of code freaks me out a little because if something doesn't work I wouldn't have a clue where to fix it.

Thinking around other ideas, I wonder if you think this would/could work?

What if I had each product or bundle of products as separate groups and then emailed out the link for each product/product bundle via autoresponder every 30 days?

So, for example, products 1, 2 and 3 are for members on joining up and we call that bundle of products Group A. As soon as they pay, they get an email, from Aweber or Getresponse which can be triggered by DLG, with a download link for Group A.

Products 4,5 & 6 are for month 2 and is assigned a separate membership group name in DLG - let's call it Group B. The link is emailed out to those who have not unsubscribed on day 30.

And so on.

I'm not sure how unsubscribes would be dealt with in this scenario - I guess that would have to be manually done ...

Is this too clumsy or could it just work?

I hope this makes sense!

Let me know what you think.

Many thanks as always,
All good things,
Trevor.
admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Trevor,

What could work, which is similar to what you suggested, is:

Create a bunch of pages for each month:

month1_grh8.php
month2_opwe.php
month3_yurbw.php

...etc.

The random string at the end of the filename is just so people can't guess the next month's page name.

Then just email the URL to the new page that contains the appropriate downloads out each month.

Make sense?

cheers
Sam

(PS. I actually find PHP really good to debug, unlike some OTHER languages. Yes, Javascript, I'm looking at you!)
-------
Keep up to date with DLGuard and other GuardHQ products: www.guardhq.com/newsletter.php
www.twitter.com/DLGuard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DLGuard Forum Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: